You got questions? We got answers.
- What is FLURBEX?
- What is urban exploration?
- Do you have rules here?
- What is that a picture of on the front page?
- Does FLURBEX have a database of all its abandonments/explorations?
- Is it ok if I just lurk, never post and never contribute?
- Why can't I see anyone's face in the photos?
- I don't live in Florida, can I still be a part of FLURBEX?
- I can’t find the FLURBEX chat room, where is it?
- I have been arrested for a crime I commited while exploring, can I blame FLURBEX?
- How do I upload photos?
- Is there a way to see who has been banned and why?
FLURBEX is short for Florida Urban Exploration and is the home of Florida's Urban Explorers. Founded in the fall of 2006 by Nomeus, we are a community of people mostly in Florida but from other states and countries. We discuss abandoned locations in Florida and beyond and share stories and photographs of abandoned and forgotten places. We enjoy exploring anything and everything such as old houses, factories, malls, old ships, theme parks, etc..
Nomeus has since moved off the internet, passing on Flurbex to Bullet of Abandonedfl.com on 12/27/2014.
Urban exploration (often shortened as urbex or UE) is the examination of the normally unseen or off-limits parts of urban areas or industrial facilities. Urban exploration is also commonly referred to as infiltration, although some people consider infiltration to be more closely associated with the exploration of active or inhabited sites. It may also be referred to as "draining" (when exploring drains) "urban spelunking", "urban caving", or "building hacking".
The nature of this activity presents various risks, including both physical danger and the possibility of arrest and punishment. Many, but not all, of the activities associated with urban exploration could be considered trespassing or other violations of local or regional laws, including—but not limited to—invasion of privacy and certain broadly-interpreted anti-terrorism laws.
1. Use common sense, if you don’t have any, move on.
2. Don’t post porn or spam.
3. Respect others.
4. Do not give out your username and password.
5. Do not talk publicly about entry points, directions, and names of sites/locations.
6. Publicly sharing personal information regarding other members such as phone numbers, address, real names, etc. will not be tolerated.
People exploring, what else?
No. FLURBEX is all about community and networking. We prefer to meet up with our members face to face and discuss locations and explore together. Having a single place to go and get information somewhat undermines this.
This community is all about participation and being an active, contributing member. If you don't want to explore and only want to lurk, don't expect anything from the community. Your account will be deleted if you dont log in for more than 4 weeks.
We are very shy.
Of course! Regardless of where you are from, or where you currently live, you are welcome to join FLURBEX. Stop by to say hello, plan a trip here, and come UEing with us! The site is set up for Florida based explorers, but even if you're just interested in what's going on in the Florida UE since, you are welcome to join.
Please post out of state/country material in the other states and beyond forum.
We don’t have one and probably never will. If we did, people wouldn’t be talking about explorations anyway.
You can try but in order to be a member of FLURBEX, you have to agree to our agreement. Please see agreement when joining.
There is no way to upload photos. To share photos, you will need to host your photos on another website such as Flickr, Imgur, or Photobucket. Once you have done that, click the "Image" icon in the toolbar and insert the image url.
No, and there never will be. We respect the privacy of our members.